2020 Ladies Club
Some items that were discussed and we will be implementing are:
- ½ soup & sandwich special on Tuesdays
- Ladies Clinics on Saturday mornings for month of June
- Sunday Monthly Couples Golf get together
- Random Draw for Tuesday Game of week – once per month
- Tuesday Rainy Day activities
Some of the other suggestions are being worked upon and hopefully we can accommodate more as the season gets closer. All the dates for various Women’s events and tournaments are posted on the club’s website as well as the schedule for the weekly games. We are looking for some women to volunteer to run/organize or help out with various tournaments. Listed below are the major events that we would like to ask for volunteers to oversee or organize and as always the Pro Shop staff will be more than happy to assist. If you are interested in taking on and chairing an event please let us know with an email and we will list you as the contact person. There will be some funding through the Men’s Club sponsorship program that they are running and once amounts are finalized we will direct a portion to each tournament for use as the chairperson sees fit. The events are listed below:
- Ladies Opening Day on Saturday, May 2nd
- Victoria Day Couples Event – Sunday, May 17th
- Ladies Member-Member – Saturday, June 13th
- Men vs Women Ryder Cup – Sunday, July 26th
- Ladies Guest Day / Invitational – Saturday, August 29th
- Ladies Closing Day – Saturday, September 12th
- Sunday Couples – once per month
The Pro Shop will oversee the Weekly Games, President’s Cup, Shield Matches and the Ringer’s Board. The Solheim Cup matches and qualifiers will be chaired by Ruth McBride.
In order to make sure events and tournaments are successful, volunteers are needed to help out with organizing and arranging and any help is appreciated.
Membership fee for the Bridgewater Ladies Club is $65.00. These funds will be used for certificates for the weekly games, prizes for various year long tournaments and some funds will be directed to the various Major Tournaments. Please make your cheque payable to Bridgewater Country Club.
As always we are open for comments and or suggestions to help make being a member of Bridgewater better and more enjoyable so please let us know your thoughts.