2020 Thursday League Rules- (Posted January 6th, 2020
- Start date is Thursday, May 7th and every Thursday for 14 weeks.
- Season is divided into 2 sessions with each session running for 7 weeks.
- Teams will count points for the best 6 weeks in each session.
- Session 1 – team with the most points is awarded 24 playoff points, 2nd place is awarded 23 playoff points, etc.
- Session 2 – teams will start at zero and same scoring and point structure as session 1
- Top 8 teams with most total playoff points from session 1 and 2 combined will advance to playoffs for the Championship.
- Remaining teams will advance to the Consolation Round playoffs.
- Playoffs will consist of 4 rounds – Top 2 teams will advance to the finals on September 10th.
- There will be a Champion in the 18-hole division AND in the 9-hole division.
LEAGUE TEAMS & STRUCTURE
- Each league team will be composed of two players.
- 18-hole division will shotgun start at 3:15 P.M.
- 9-hole division will shotgun start at 5:30 P.M.
- Scoring is 1 point per hole 2-man best ball.
- 1 point for a win and 1/2 point for a tie per hole.
- Handicaps used will be your Club (GAO) handicap.
- League scores either 9 holes or 18 holes must be posted each week.
- Bonus point will be awarded for each player that shows up to play OR finds a sub who shows up to play. No bonus points will be given in the Finals.
- Tee blocks for league play will be the Green Tees. Playing yardage will be between 5,950 and 6,100 yards
- League will alternate starting nines each week to allow 9-hole division to play front nine and back nine every other week.
- Starting holes will be posted on website and bulletin boards in advance.
SUBSTITUTES & TIE BREAKERS
- Any member of the Men’s Club can be used as a sub – no sub fee required.
- 2 “Subs” can be used per team each week during the regular season. During the round robin playoffs, only 1 “sub” can be used per team each week. NO “Subs” will be permitted during the Championship Round.
- Ties during the 1st half of regular season and 2nd half of regular season will split points
- Ties for making playoff spots will be decided as follows: 1st will be head to head competition (if match was played), if still tied then team that got the most points in the 2nd half of regular season, if still tied then team with most points in 1st half of season, if still tied then team that has most participation points, lastly flip of coin.
- Tie breaker to advance to Championship Round – Sudden Victory playoff commencing on 1st hole.
- Top 8 teams in 18-hole and 9-hole divisions will play in Championship Flight with remaining teams playing in Consolation Flight(s).
- Points and format is the same as regular season points
- 1st round – 1 vs 5 – 2 vs 6 – 3 vs 7 – 4 vs 8
- 2nd round – 1 vs 7 – 2 vs 8 – 3 vs 5 – 4 vs 6
- 3rd round – 1 vs 6 – 2 vs 7 – 3 vs 8 – 4 vs 5
- 4th round – 1 vs 8 – 2 vs 5 – 3 vs 6 – 4 vs 7
- Top 2 teams will advance to the Championship Round.
- Consolation Flight(s) is the same format and scheduling.
- Championship Round – 2 top teams in 18-hole division and 9-hole division will play for Championship and the Committee will organize a game for the remaining teams and play for prizes.
LEAGUE COST & PRIZE STRUCTURE
- All league players must belong to Men’s Club – annual fee is $65.00 for Men’s Club
- League fee for the 2020 season is $135.00 per player.
- League fee includes – league dues ~ weekly draw prize fund ~ closest to pin competition ~ after golf contests ~ 50/50 draw ~ weekly team best ball prizes.
- There will be an optional team net skins game each week.
- The 2020 Thursday League Committee consists of the Men’s Club Board of Directors, Head Professional and Superintendent.
- Any cancellations of the league due to inclement weather will be determined by the COMMITTEE
- In the case of a match being canceled due to inclement weather during play, a match will count for the standings only if all teams play at least 9 holes in the 18-hole league and 5 holes in the 9-hole league.
- During wet or unfavorable playing conditions, the Committee reserves the right to adjust the golf course to a suitable distance for all players.
- All Committee decisions are final.